ATTENTION TO ALL WORKSITES AND STUDENTS
SAVE THE DATE
Thursday, January 2, 2014 Youth@Work summer 2014 applications available online at: email@example.com
Upcoming schedule for Y@W:
December 23 - 31st Christmas Break (no work for students)
January 2nd Youth employment applications and Worksite RFP's available
January 20th Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Y@W closed)
Youth@Work is a public-private partnership between the City of New Haven, New Haven Board of Education, Workforce Alliance., The program provides summer and year-round employment opportunities, work place exposure and work readiness activities to youth who may be challenged by socio-economic and/or academic barriers to workplace success. The program targets in-school youth, ages 14-21, who are New Haven residents and/or attend New Haven public schools. Youth@Work is also a part of the Mayors Youth Initiative, aimed at providing young people workplace exposure, mentoring and school and community-based enrichment activities. Early work experiences serve as the foundation for the future success in the workplace and have proven effective in helping youth to:
- Establish connections with employers
- Encourage responsibility and foster independence
- Develop technical skills
- Develop communication/interpersonal skills
- Clarity work values and future work preferences
- Allows for interaction with caring adults
Fall 2013 Work-Based Learning Experience for Youth Program
- Non Profit or Public Sector
For more information, please contact Gwendolyn Busch Williams at 203 946-8583.
- Private Sector Businesses
We are seeking businesses to offer after-school internship opportunities and part-time work experiences for pre-screened high school students. For more information, please contact Tomi Veale at 203 946-8583.
- The Year-Round program does not have an open application process for students. A student must be referred to the program by an approved year-round worksite. Applications received outside the referral process will not be denied, but kept on file.
¬†For general information on Youth@Work, please contact Jolene Augustine, Program Assistant at 203 946-7582 or YaW3@newhavenct.net
Click here for the Youth Department site.