Connecticut Maritime Coalition
(6/23/2011) Launched in 2000, the Connecticut Maritime Coalition is a non-profit trade association facilitating the competitiveness of Connecticut's maritime industries. Our cluster network is mostly composed of small and medium-sized business. Together, our group has reached a consensus on the issues facing the maritime industries in Connecticut and an approach to solve these issues. But it takes many projects, partners and resources to stimulate change. Our goal is to serve as the linchpin between maritime businesses and policy makers.
Connecticut's Maritime Industry Cluster Includes:
• $5 billion in Business Output
• $1.7 billion in Household Income
• $2.7 billion in State GDP
• 30,000 Jobs
• $56 million in local taxes paid
• $54 million in State taxes paid
• $224 million in Federal tax revenues
• Average wages $63,000 annually (15% higher than State average)
Follow this link for more information.