Pardee Rose Garden, Greenhouse and Center are located 180 Park Road, Hamden, CT 06517-3845, at the intersection of Park Drive and Farm Road in Hamden. The Rose Garden, established in 1922, is 2 acres in size. The Gardens, Greenhouse and Center are part of New Haven's extensive East Rock Park and are maintained by the City of New Haven's Department of Parks, Recreation and Trees.
The Rose Garden, containing an array of flowers from early spring until mid fall, features one of Connecticut's finest display of roses. For information regarding the Gardens, the Pardee Center and beautifully restored Pardee Greenhouse, contact Matt, the City's resident horticulturist at 203-946-8142.
The Pardee Rose Garden, a gift of William S. Pardee, dates from 1922. The Memorial plaque on the stone wall bordering the garden states:
PARDEE ROSE GARDEN
PLANTED AND MAINTAINED UNDER
THE WILL AND BEQUEST OF
WILLIAM SCRANTON PARDEE
OF THIS CITY AS A
LASTING MEMORIAL OF HIS MOTHER
NANCY MARIA ENGLISH PARDEE
Photo by Michael Herrick
National Historical Marker Database - hmdb.org
Also found in the garden is a raised, tiered arbor structure that resembles the top of a wedding cake. Traditionally, many brides and grooms come here for wedding pictures. Please call 203-946-8020 for a Park permit if you are considering a photo shoot or wedding at this site.