FREE HORSE-DRAWN CARRIAGE RIDES, PARKING PROMOTIONS AND MORE IN NEW HAVEN THROUGH END OF DECEMBER
(12/6/2013) Tis the Season to Visit New Haven with Special Events in Downtown New Haven Throughout the Month of December
This holiday season, New Haven is offering exciting and festive events that are fun for the whole family. From sleigh rides to free and discounted parking specials, to holiday crafts and performances, everyone can easily feel the joyful spirit by experiencing these fun-filled holiday happenings.
“We are thrilled to offer an array of exciting events and attractions this holiday season,” says Mayor John DeStefano, Jr. “The holidays are a great time to come together as a community, and these events encourage both residents and visitors to celebrate this special time of year in our marvelous City.”
In addition to free family-friendly events and world class dining and art, Downtown New Haven boasts an eclectic array of stores including home furnishings, art galleries, bicycle shops, hatters, goldsmiths and jewelry makers, numerous clothing stores for men and women, antiques, specialty foods, arts and crafts, vintage office furniture, bookstores, a brew shop as well as national retailers such as Apple, Urban Outfitters, J. Crew and more.
Below is a sampling of New Haven’s holiday happenings and special parking rates through the end of this month:
• FREE Horse Drawn Carriage Rides on the New Haven Green every Saturday for the rest of December from 12 noon until 4pm. (Dates are December 7, 14, 21 and 28) Brought to you by New Haven’s Department of Arts, Culture & Tourism; Department of Parks, Recreation & Trees; Department of Transportation, Traffic and Parking and Town Green District.
• Holiday Hospitality Station at 1000 Chapel Street. Visitors can stop by the Town Green District’s Holiday Hospitality Station on Dec. 4, 11 or 18 where freshly popped popcorn and hot apple cider will be served from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm.
• $2 Parking in Crown and Temple Street Garages on weekends from 10 am to 3 pm. Both garages accept all major credit cards and are conveniently located steps away from world-class shopping, dining, and cultural attractions that make visiting New Haven so unique. Provided by Park New Haven.
• Free Parking at the Shops at Yale at the 56 Broadway Center Lot (across from the Apple Store) and at 255 Crown Street with a minimum $15 purchase at any of their stores. Runs every Saturday and Sunday in December.
• Yuletide Carolers and Strolling Santa at The shops at Yale. Connecticut Yuletide Carolers will perform at the shops at Yale located along Chapel Street and Broadway on Thursdays in December from 5:00pm-8:00pm. Additionally, a “Strolling Santa” will walk around Chapel Street and Broadway on Saturdays in December from 2:00pm-6:00pm.
• Dine Downtown & Park Free! Going out for Holiday Parties at your favorite restaurants downtown this year? Don’t forget you can park for FREE when you dine at 17 participating eateries in Downtown New Haven through our Downtown Restaurants Parking Partnership Program. The program offers dining patrons free parking at both our Temple or Crown Street Garages and runs every day from 4 PM to 10 PM. For a list of participating restaurants, go here: http://bit.ly/1eVnPiy
Nutcracker and the Blue Man Group at the Shubert Theater, 247 College Street, December 2013 The Shubert Theater will be putting on a number of exciting performances this holiday season, including A Christmas Carol from Nov. 29-Dec. 1, New Haven Ballet’s The Nutcracker from Dec. 13-15 and the Blue Man Group performing Dec. 26-31. For more information, visit www.shubert.com.
Christmas Crèche Exhibition, Knights of Columbus Museum through Feb. 2 Admission and parking is free. The Knights of Columbus Museum is presenting its ninth annual Christmas crèche exhibition, Ordinary Materials, Extraordinary Message: Christmas Nativities in Paper, from Nov. 22 through Feb. 2 in cooperation with the Italian Friends of the Crèche Association. The show features 39 colorful Nativity scenes, crafted from paper, from throughout Europe and the United States. Open daily from 10:00am-5:00pm. For more information, visit www.kofcmuseum.org.
Holiday Mart at Project Storefronts, 756 Chapel Street Dec. 5-22. Browse local artwork, handcrafted jewelry, home décor, vintage clothing and more this season on Thursdays and Fridays from 11:00am-6:00pm, or Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00pm-5:00pm. For more information and a list of special events, including art workshops, live music and a chance to meet Santa, please visit www.projectstorefrontsnewhaven.com.
For a list of sales, events and promotions that will be taking place at the Shops at Yale, go here: http://theshopsatyale.com/holidays-promotions/
For a list of downtown New Haven businesses, go here:
For more information on New Haven’s holiday happenings, accommodations, attractions and dining scene, please visit www.infonewhaven.com
For more Services and Promotions offered by Park New Haven, please visit www.parknewhaven.com