NEW HAVEN ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF 2009 FALL LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM
NEW HAVEN- Starting in the month of October, the New Haven Department of Public Works (DPW)will begin its annual Fall Leaf Collection program. To ensure a successful leaf collection season, DPW asks that residents please follow these rules and regulations:
• Bag all leaves in paper leaf bags weighing of no more than 50 pounds.
• Place your bags out as close to your collection day as possible.
• Keep catch basins free of leaves
• Do not place dirt, grass, mulch, sticks or any non-leaf items in leaf bags.
• Do not sweep, blow, or rake leaves from private property into the sidewalks, grass strips or streets.
• Do not allow any contractors, landscapers, etc. to place leaves onto the sidewalks, grass strips or streets.
In order to ensure that streets are clean before winter snows arrive, street sweeping changes will be in effect beginning November 1. This will allow the City to sweep streets based upon their condition. Streets to be swept will be posted with paper signs that will alert residents of parking restrictions. These signs will be posted the day prior to sweeping.
Thank you for your involvement in the Leaf Collection Program. For additional information, please refer to the City’s website at www.cityofnewhaven.com or call us at 946-7700.