NEW HAVEN POLICE PROMOTES 7 NEW SERGEANTS
(12/7/2007) NEW HAVEN- In a ceremony at City Hall, Mayor John DeStefano, Jr. and the New Haven Police Department promoted 7 officers and detectives to the rank of sergeant today. The seven new sergeants, who were all previously assigned to patrol duties, will now undergo two weeks of training before being given new assignments by Chief Francisco Ortiz.
“This year we’ve been able to move these officers and detectives to the rank of sergeant, we’ve certified a list for promotions to the rank of lieutenant that we’re looking forward moving up in January and we’re awaiting a new captains list,” said Mayor John DeStefano, Jr. “Only a week ago, our 28 new officers successfully completed field training and began their own assignments on the streets of New Haven. All of these promotions and new additions represent great new leadership for our department and an opportunity to work together to make an already strong department even stronger.”
The seven new sergeants are:
• Officer Joe Dease who was hired 1996 and has had assignments in narcotics, family services, marshal’s task force in investigative services & auto theft task force.
• Detective Brendan Hosey who was hired 1998, promoted to detective in 2003 and has been in family services since 2004.
• Officer Christopher Kennery who was hired in 1988.
• Detective Donald Harrison who was hired in 1992 and promoted to detective in 2000. Harrison has been assigned to family services, investigative services-general investigations, investigative services- robbery & burglary.
• Officer Peter Beckwith who was hired in 1989 and has been assigned to the patrol division with experience in investigative services/street interdiction.
• Officer Richard Miller who was hired in 2000 and has served in patrol and investigative services/street interdiction since.
• Detective Theodore Fitzgerald who was hired in 1984 and promoted to detective in 2003. Fitzgerald has been in investigative services/FBI terrorism task force since 2001.
Contact Name: Jessica Mayorga
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 203-946-7660