New Haven Prescription Discount Card
Save on Prescription Drugs…
The New Haven Prescription Discount Card is available to all New Haven residents at no cost and without regard to age, income, health and health insurance status. The card provides an average of 45% savings on prescriptions as well as savings on vision and hearing care.
The City of New Haven was able to secure the Prescription Discount Card benefit for its residents as a result of its membership with the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM), which is a statewide association of towns and cities.
The City of New Haven Prescription Drug Discount Card will provide immediate financial relief at the pharmacy counter for uninsured and underinsured residents and offers the following features and benefits:
- Any New Haven resident can participate regardless of age, income, health or insurance status.
- There are no enrollment forms, membership fees, restrictions or limitations on use.
- All prescription medications are covered, including pet prescriptions that must be filled at a pharmacy.
- There is no cost to the municipality or to participating residents.
- Cost savings vary depending upon the medication being purchased, but average at 45%.
- There are over 63,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Stop & Shop, Big Y and many independent pharmacies.
- Discounts are also offered on other medical services including vision, hearing and Lasik procedures.
Each residence in New Haven will receive a City of New Haven Prescription Discount Card by direct mail, which they may use at any participating retail pharmacy.
Cards can also be printed out immediately by visiting www.CTRxDiscountCard.com and selecting New Haven from the drop-down menu. The New Haven Prescription Discount Card is currently accepted at 22 pharmacies in New Haven and 646 pharmacies statewide, with more pharmacies expected to sign on. A list of participating pharmacies can be found at https://reportal.restat.com/xpertrx/pharmacySearch.