Employment Connections For New Haven Residents
The City of New Haven invites you to be a part of a job fair prep session on Thursday, March 22nd at 11am at City Hall (165, Church Street, Meeting Rooms 1 and 2). The prep session will be for a March 27th job fair that will be hosted by the Milford Service Plazas, and will include the following employers:
* Subway - Subway is the world's largest submarine sandwich chain with more than 36,065 locations in the world.
* Dunkin Donuts - Dunkin Donuts, the market leader in coffee, is America's favorite every day, all-day stop for coffee and baked goods.
* McDonald's - McDonald's is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million customers daily.
* Sbarro - Sbarro is the World's largest quick service Italian chain with over 1000 restaurants in the United States.
* Good to Go Organics - GTG Organics' goal is to provide a healthy alternative to traditional fast food at an affordable premium price.
* Moe's Southwest Grill - Moe's Southwest Grill is a fun and engaging fast-casual restaurant franchise serving a wide variety of fresh, made-to-order southwest fare.
* Cheeseboy - Cheeseboy is America's first quick-service grilled cheese restaurant.
* Statement - Statement is a retail store specializing in state focused apparel and travel items.
* O,R&L - O,R&L delivers diligent facility maintenance, licensed mobile trades, and sustainable housekeeping and environmental services.
At the pre-screening, we will discuss job openings, interviewing skills and what to expect at the job fair. To reserve a spot, please respond to email@example.com or call 203-946-7670. If you did not attend one of our February pre-screening sessions, please arrive at 10:30am and bring with you a resume, references, valid photo identification and proof of New Haven residence. Please come dressed in professional attire.
The Job Fair will be held on March 27th, 2012 at Gateway Community College from 2 to 7pm. All positions will be hired from entry-level to managerial including front-line staff, cashiers, sales associates, shift leaders, assistant managers, and managers. Part-time or full-time positions are available and bi-lingual employees are needed. Connecticut Service Plazas encourages veterans to attend. Please come to the Fair with a current resume and ready to be interviewed.
Employment and Job Training Resources
New Haven has a wealth of resources to assist individuals who are interested in joining the workforce but face barriers to employment. From childcare needs to resume writing to job training, there are various organizations and agencies throughout the City that are able to assist you.
- Department of Social Services (DSS) - The Department of Social Services provides a broad range of services to the elderly, disabled, families, and individuals who need assistance in maintaining or achieving their full potential for self-direction, self-reliance and independent living.
- City of New Haven SAGA Support Services - The City of New Haven SAGA Support Services (SSS) works with single adults receiving State Administered General Assistance (SAGA) to provide transportation and other supports for the job search.
Download Our Weekly Careers Publication From Our Homepage
- City of New Haven Prison Reentry Initiative - The Prison Reentry Initiative works with community partners, state agencies and other reentry stakeholders to support the reintegration of formerly incarcerated residents into the New Haven community.
- Directory of Free and Low-Cost Clothing Resources - The City of New Haven’s Prison Reentry Initiative has compiled a list of organizations that provide free and low-cost clothing.
- United Way 2-1-1 - 2-1-1 is Connecticut’s free information and referral service. Simply by dialing 2-1-1, a toll-free number throughout Connecticut, callers can reach knowledgeable, multilingual staff and get information, referrals or seek help in a crisis. 2-1-1 operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
If your organization provides job-training or employment services for New Haven residents and you would like to participate in upcoming employment fairs, please call 203-946-7670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help spread the word! Send someone you know this information