Click on the above link if you don't have Adobe Acrobat and you wish to view the files in PDF format. If you find a broken link please let us know.
The majority of the departments permits must be applied for in person but we have available the online system as well.
This method should only be used for permits such as:
Building: Roofing, Siding, and Windows.
Electrical: Tele/data, Low Voltage.
Plumbing: Water Heater, Gas lines.
If the choices available do not apply to you, you must stop the application online and come into the office and pull the permit. If for any reason you choose to continue the application under a false work description your permit will be null and void and you will have to start the permit process over with possible penalty fees.
Note: Completing the application process does not guarantee a permit, you must wait to receive your permit in the mail. To check on the status of your online application call the main office at 203-946-8045.
(To apply online click here)
Fee Schedule Document
Work Exempt From Permits
All Construction Permits Listed Below Must Be Presented In Person
License Center - All Applications Must Be Presented In Person - call (203) 946-8388
- Amusement License Application (includes -Bowling Alley, Coin Operated Device/ Machine Distributors; Game Rooms, Pool Table, Street Performance) (must apply in person)
- Auctioneer License Application (Auction) (must apply in person)
- Broker License Application (includes –Secondhand Dealers, Antique and/or Precious Metal Dealers, Pawnbrokers, Junk Dealers and Swap Shop Dealers)
- Outdoor Seating Permit Application
- Parking Lot/Garage License Application (must apply in person)
- Rooming House License Application
Permit Center - Permits Applications Listed Below Must Be Presented In Person. Please call 203-946-5758.