Title: City Hall, 165 Church Street, 2nd Floor Meeting Rm 2
Meeting was called to order by Barbara Carroll at 6:15 P.M.
Barbara Carroll notified the Board that Mayoral Appointee Mary Blair has resigned with letter to the Mayor.
Bianca Bowles has replaced Deborah Davis to represent the Dwight Management Team.
A. Roll Call: by Wayne Hobbs
7 Present: Barbara Carroll, Catherine Gootkin, Frank Cochran, George E. Carter, Wayne Hobbs, Maureen O’Sullivan, Bianca Bowles
5 Absent: Evelise Ribeiro, Moses Nelson, Shirley W. Washington, Robert Spirito, Leslie Radcliffe
Staff: Reginald Thomas Manager, CRB Services
Guests: Lieutenant Anthony Duff OIC, Internal Affairs; Roderick Williams, Assistant Corporation Counsel; Ian Cassel, ESMT
B. Review of Minutes
No minutes to vote on
C. Agenda Review
Motion to accept amended agenda made by George E Carter; second by Maureen O’Sullivan; unanimous approval.
D. Internal Affairs Statistical Report & Remarks
• Lieutenant Duff passed out case list recap that showed fifteen (15) cases were opened and thirteen (13) cases were closed in October. Cases were assigned to Panels A & B.
• 139 cases opened to date in Internal Affairs.
• Lt. Duff reported on question from October meeting regarding lost taser. One taser was lost approximately a year ago. No discipline was recorded.
• Reginald Thomas requested that patrol mediated cases be indicated on report.
• There are only 250 applicants for the new police class. Application deadline is November 14th.
• Approximately 20 out of 100 General Orders are to be signed by Chief Esserman.
• There are currently four (4) investigators in IA. Lt. Duff is lobbying for an additional two (2).
• Lt. Duff will also lobby for an extended work week to have IA available seven days a week.
E. New Business
Barbara Carroll will invite the new Police Chief, Dean Esserman to the December meeting.
Barbara Carroll reminded members that elections will be held at the December meeting. Ballots will be mailed out to all active members of the Board. Ballots must be returned at or before the December meeting.*
Nominations for Executive Board to date:
Chairman¬- Shirley Washington
Chairman - Frank Cochran
Vice- Chair - George E. Carter
Secretary – no nomination was made
* A line for write-in candidates for all positions will be on the ballot.
George E. Carter stated that elections for Dixwell are in December.
Barbara Carroll requested food sign-up for December holiday meeting.
F. Unfinished Business
Due to the ByLaws committee chairman’s absence, a vote on the changes was tabled until the January meeting.
G. Subcommittee Reports
Policy & Procedures – no report
By-Laws – chairman not present
BOPC – chairman not present
NACOLE - chairman not present
Motion to adjourn, Frank Cochran, second by Maureen O’Sullivan; unanimous approval.
Meeting adjourned: 7: 15 P.M.
Next meeting of the Civilian Review Board: Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 6:00pm
at the Hall of Records Hearing Room G-2 (lower level)