Title: City Hall, 165 Church Street, 2nd Floor Meeting Room #1
CIVILIAN REVIEW BOARD
NOVEMBER 13, 2008
165 CHURCH STREET
MEETING ROOM #1
The meeting was called to order by Barbara Carroll, Chair.
A. Rollcall/Attendance by Mary Blair, Secretary
Present 13 Absent 2 1 Vacancy
B. Agenda Review
Motion to approve the agenda made by Catherine Gootkin; seconded by Robert Spirito; approved unanimously.
C. Reading of Minutes
Motion to accept the July 10, 2008 minutes made by Cathy Gootkin; seconded by Robert Spirito; approved unanimously.
Approval of August 14, 2008 minutes tabled until December's meeting; to be updated.
Motion to accept October 10, 2008 minutes made by Wayne Hobbs; seconded by Bill Bixby; approved unanimously.
D. Coordinator's Report Distribution
Motion to accept the November Coordinator's Report made by Mary Blair; seconded by Ann Tramontana.
E. Internal Affairs Remarks
Captain Joann Peterson discussed 50 new officers working by December.
F. Open Floor
1) Request made by Maureen O'Sullivan for distribution of updated Organizational Chart.
2) Team take a more active roll in reading cases from list, not only the cases we are called upon to read.
G. Subcommittee Reports
1) Shirley Wayne Washington reported on NACOLE. Next conference to be held September 2009 in Austin, Texas.
2) Ann Tramontana requested everyone make changes in their By Laws for IVE to read as IA.
3) Agenda handouts to read IA, not IVE.
H. Unfinished Business & I. New Business
1) Mary Blair and Barbara Carroll registered with New Haven Independent News to be able to place future CRB meeting for the public to view. Motion made by Robert Spirito and seconded by Barbara Carroll.
2) Coordinator Reginald Thomas to follow up with schedule.
Shirley Wayne Washington
Reverend Walter Johnson, Jr.
Vacancy: Board of Aldermen
Reginald Thomas, Civilian Review Board Coordinator
Kathleen Foster, Assistant Corporation Counsel
Guests: Captain Joann Peterson, OIC, Internal Affairs
Craig Guglielmo, Internal Affairs
Christopher O'Connell, Intern, Internal Affairs
Motion to adjourn meeting by Bill Bixby and seconded by Ann Tramontana.
Prepared and submitted by Mary Blair, Secretary.