New Haven's Elm City Resident Card: My City. My Card
Office of Vital Statistics
165 Church Street, First Floor
New Haven, CT 06510
Hours: Tuesday - Friday 9:30am - 4:30pm; Monday 9:30am - 4:30pm at designated locations throughout the City.
A part of New Haven's fabric for 5 years, the Elm City Resident Card is the City of New Haven's government issued identification available for all New Haven residents. Details on criteria for obtaining the card are below.
5th Year Anniversary Celebration
New Haven Resident Restaurant Promotion
Anniversary Week Activities
Applications for the Elm City Resident Card
Download the Application Form here
Documents Required To Obtain an Elm City Resident Card
Two requirements: 1) proof of identity; 2) proof of residency
ACCEPTABLE FORMS FOR PROOF OF IDENTITY:
ONE of the following (CATEGORY “A” ID’s):
- U.S. Driver’s License;
- Birth Certificate; (for kids 16 and under only)
- Consular ID Card;
OR TWO of the following:
- National identification card (must have photo, name, address, date of birth and expiration date;
- Foreign Driver’s license (current - NOT expired);
- Voter registration card (must be presented with original birth certificate
- U.S. or Foreign military identification card (must be presented with original birth certificate)
- Visa (current)
- ITIN card (must be accompanied by an ID with a photograph)
At least one identification card must have a photo under either category A or B.
ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS
Two of the following must be presented
- Utility bill with name and address;
- Insurance bill, bank statement, check book;
- Employment pay stub;
- Local property tax statement;
- Proof of a minor enrolled in public or private school;
- Voter registration card
- Original documents from a health or social services organization attesting to the fact that the applicant is a New Haven resident
YOUR TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCY MUST COME FROM TWO DIFFERENT PLACES.
RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS MUST SHOW THE NAME AND CURRENT ADDRESS OF THE APPLICANT.
RESIDENCY DOCUMENTS IN THE NAME OF ONLY ONE SPOUSE WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR MARRIED COUPLES ONLY IF AN ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IS PRESENTED.